Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Helpful advice from the Locals

Apparently here, a stop sign means stop.. this I didn't know and will be forever thankful to the lady who let me know today. When a small gap appears between fast moving cars I should dart through it so that the person behind me can move up a quarter inch and wait their turn to turn. Blinkers are for wimps, Only babies go the speed limit here. It is perfectly acceptable to ride someone's butt on the road but everyone else should stay off your tail. Despite the fact there are torrental downpours everyone should continue to go 80 MPH crusing through the lakes on the road, paying no mind to those trying not to slide out of control. The horn is an extention of your middle finger, both which get used plenty here. Patience is not anyone's strong suit here. I am obviously a newbie at this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, welcome to TX, Michelle. I agree, folks drive like complete morons here (I thought it was a national trait, driving like morons). We live on a 2-lane highway, and have had folks honk & flip us off for turning into our own driveway!! My advice is to learn the back roads. They're (only slightly) safer. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! This really made me chuckle! I am enjoying seeing your crochet items~HI from the 'ville! (((((HUGS))))) sandi