Tuesday, December 04, 2007

For Matt, from his sister....


My best friend wrote this, it was her brother and I am just posting it here for her.

11-30-07
"the boy"
oh... the boy i will never get over....
the boy who lived a whole life, not a full life, a whole life.
the boy who became a man at 12; the boy who had a child, got married, went to war, had another child and came home....
the boy who lived in a world full of women-the estrogen ocean we called it-and completed us all in a different way.
the boy who is gone now, who i will never stop wanting to call cuz i will always have something to tell; the boy who will give none of us away to marry; who will never be able to hate our husbands; who my daughter will ache for-her mattie-for the rest of her life.... their bond was like no other.
the boy who will never "fitz it" again.
the boy is gone now.... who was not a boy at all but a man.... one of my best friends, and i called him the boy.
jennifer


1 comment:

CraftyAshley said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing that. I will keep you both in my thoughts.